- What is a WIKI? Web pages that can be edited by anyone, or by only a select group. They can also be used to support all areas of the curriculum you are teaching. Go here: www.primaryweb2.wikispaces.com/wikis to get a overview of what a wiki is, the different types and how to use them.
- EXAMPLE 1- Here is an example of Mrs. Cassidy's classroom wiki on dinosaurs: www.room2-wikis6.wikispaces.com
- EXAMPLE 2- Another example of how a wiki can be used in a classroom: www.planetproject.wetpaint.com/page/Growing+Wheat
Googly Eyed for GOOGLE DOCS:
- What are GOOGLE DOCs? They just make life easier. Instead of having several copies of one document, in varying degrees of editing floating around in the great abyss of cyberspace, you can place THE document on google docs and have various people go here to download or edit or view your document. Here is a link to a youtube video -- "Google Docs in Plain English": www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRqUe6IHTEA
- Google Docs Tutorial for Teachers: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9Wu2kWwSY
- Power point presentations can also be created by several different authors using the google docs.
- www.uen.org also has a link to create google docs
Your imagination is the limit on applications to the classroom using the Wikis and Google Docs.... have fun creating!