Benefits of the E Portfolio include:
- Demonstrate technology knowledge and skills-showcase your best work as a professional and demonstrate your knowledge and skill with technology.
- Facilitate distribution-- e-portfolio's web address can be given or a CD-ROM can be mailed mailed to a prospective principal or superintendent.
- Store many documents--presentation portfolio allows a reviewer to click and point to artifacts that interest them.
- Increase Accessibility--allows the reviewer to access the portfolio wherever there is a computer i.e.: on a plane, in the office, conference room or before the interview.
Creation of an Electronic Portfolio:
- Save artifacts electronically
- Document experiences electronically
Examples of Pre-service E-Portfolios can be found at:
Examples of In-service Teacher Portfolios can be found at:
CITATION: Campbell, D.M., Cignetti, P.B., Melenyzer, B.J., Nettles, D.H., & Wyman, R.M. (4th Ed). (2007). How to Develop a Professional Portfolio - A Manual for Teachers. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.