- What is a Podcast? A mix between an iPod and a broadcast.
- Can be downloaded as audio or with video (Vodcast)
- Each time you synchronize your iPod, you can put the settings to automatically download the latest version of your Podcast
Instructions to downloading a Podcast in iTunes:
- Connect to iTunes store
- Scroll down to the bottom of the iTunes Store page
- Select 'podcast'
- 'Podcast Quick Links' is located to the right of the page. You can select audio, video, new releases, the iTunes picks, staff favorites etc.
- Subject matter for podcasts include: fitness, religious, language learning, news, financial, parenting to name just a few.
- Each podcast can last from a couple minutes to more than 1 hour, depending on what you select.
- Once you have selected a podcast, you can read about it, then listen to a snip-it before you choose to subscribe to the podcast
Educational podcasts via iTunes:
- Poem of the day
- Children's Story Time
- Science show for Kids: 5 min. audio of science questions being answered
- ESL Teacher Talk - activities, games, insights
- Teacher's Lounge: teaching challenges addressed
- Bookwink: get kids excited about reading a new book
- Sixty Second Science: entertaining thoughts and provoking science exposed
Other sites for downloading podcasts:
- teacherspodcast.org: news, views, research and resources -- fun ways to incorporate technology into the classroom
- nationalgeopraphic.com/podcast: wild animal chronicles
- sonibyte.com: audio recordings of poems of the day
- epnweb.org: The Education Podcast Network - this has it all -- teaches you how to teach with podcasts, different subjects etc.
- podcastforteachers.com: adventures in transformative learning
It really is limitless.... see what I mean about it being addicting?