Friday, July 9, 2010

Understanding Learning Disabilities




Understanding Learning Disabilities has been one of my passions from the time I was very young. Little did I know then that I would give birth to someone with a learning disability and have to endure the stigma, lack of understanding and judgements that inevitably come your way.

I was introduced to Rick Lavoie several years ago, when my daughter was young. However, I have just recently investigated more on what Rick Lavoie does to help educate others about learning disabilities. Check out his website at www.ricklevoie.com. I have posted on my blog his RSS feed as well, entitled "Tales from the Road". One day, I want to do what he does.

Above, I have inserted some of his work. Many of the books and DVDs are available at your local library.

Have fun perusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment